Cassondra Argeros is a glass sculpture artist. She received her Master of Fine Arts from Temple University in Philadelphia. In 2003 she completed postgraduate study in Scientific Glass from Salem Community College in Carney’s Point, NJ. She has led workshops at the Burchfield Penney Art Center and is a co-founder of the Buffalo Urban Canvas Project.
Art Forms: Glass Sculpture, Visual Art
The Science, Art, & Math of Glass
- Students will learn the qualities of glass and it’s many applications in our environment.
- Students will learn that glass can be manipulated by using math and science to design programs for the annealing process.
- With instruction and direction, the students will achieve a greater understanding of glass and will craft a one of a kind art glass piece.
- Students will learn the qualities wheatpaste and how it can be manipulated.
- With instruction and direction, the students will use their creativity to craft a one of a kind tile piece.