Join our Board
Young Audiences’ board of directors is committed to development of the board of directors just as we are to the staff, artists and programming partners of the organization.
We are always looking to strengthen our board by diversifying the skills, work, volunteer, and life experience of our board of directors. This year we are looking to better represent the community we serve by better aligning to the demographics of the youth we serve in the eight counties of Western New York. This means we are looking for the following:
- Individuals representing the eight counties. We currently have 11 members living in Erie County.
- Individuals representing the demographics of those we serve. We currently serve 52% White, 32% Black or African American, 11% Hispanic, and 5% Asian, Native American or Multi Ethnic. Our board is composed of 57% White, 28% Black, 14% Asian, Native American or Multi Ethnic. 20% of those we serve are disabled or have special needs, and 7% of our board have disabilities.
- Accountant, Attorney, MBA, and human resources professionals
- Educator/ Community/ Social Services experience
- Previous experience in leading major donor initiatives
- Individuals who are retired and/or have free time with which to volunteer their time
- Strong corporate network connections
- Previous Board Experience
We meet with individuals interested in serving with Young Audiences throughout the year, and elect new board members and fill our committees in June annually. If you are indeed interested in serving Young Audiences, please submit the enclosed service interest form with a resume or biography to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Teaching Artist – link to page under Artists tab
Employment Opportunities –
Advocacy – need content …”How you can advocate for arts education”
Donate – link to donate page