Young Audiences Partnerships with Schools, The work we have been devoted to for over 50 years. This includes long-term commitments to whole school collaborations with Holland and Waterfront Elementary Schools, as well as long-term residencies with a wide range of artists. Featured programs include our Erie Canal and Underground Railroad Residencies, Full STEAM Ahead, and the Phonics Program. We continue offering assembly performances throughout the eight counties, keeping creativity and feelings of success in school.
Arts Partners for Learning, Providing capacity building support to area culturals, schools and outside-of-school providers to provide quality arts education experiences in the eight counties. We partner with 12 culturals, and support a variety of activities to expand the provision of arts learning experiences.
Most-at-Risk Direct Services for Outside-of-School Programming, Our commitment to youth most at risk of educational and societal failure. We begin with connections for youth in the Erie County Youth Detention Center. Our year round M@Re program partners with Erie County Department of Mental Health to help reduce recidivism. Our teen programs offer opportunities for youth to develop skills that will assist them in navigating the world successfully.
- Professional Development, Providing a range of services to support the growth of artists, teachers, human service providers, arts administrators and cultural educators. We offer one on one learning and annual conferences serving more than 200 individuals annually.
- Rhythm Runs Through It, an after school partnership with Heritage Centers After School and People, Inc. programs
- Keep It Moving! Our signature health and fitness program provided through dance. This program is offered every week of the school year with dancers in ballet, contemporary, Salsa, Hip Hop, and African Dance. Students learn to set physical health goals and make good health decisions, while getting up and moving every week.
- Creative Family Programming, Partnering with the Albright Knox Art Gallery and Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, Canalside, Old Falls Street, and Libraries through out the eight counties, we offer family friendly, arts learning and engagement.
- Arts for Life, with the Erie County Youth Detention Center, based on programming with after school sites.
- Our Town Creative Placemaking Projects with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts: first in 2012-2013, and again this year in 2014-2015. Focusing on Buffalo’s West Side in 2012-2013 with major funding from the National Endowment for the Arts
- IDEA Model and Signature Core Services, programs created with the Young Audiences, Inc. national model.
- Journeys & Journals: Traveling on the Erie Canal, brings New York State history to life
- Phonics Program: Alphabet Awareness, builds literacy skills for our youngest learners
- Underground Railroad in Western New York, brings American history to life, featuring some of our region’s most outstanding artists to your school
- Waterfront and Holland Elementary School Partnerships, full school arts integration collaborations
Past Partnerships we are proud of
- Honors Music Cafe, an after school partnership with City Honors School with teaching artist, Nancy Baun