NRG Energy, Inc. and Young Audiences have partnered together to bring you the NRG Creatively Green Awards Program.
This year, the program awarded three Western New York schools an engaging and dynamic family festival that offers parents and children the chance to participate in hands-on art making in order to better understand the importance of environmental sustainability.
Winning schools are Elmwood Village Charter School, Waterfront Elementary School, and Springville Elementary School. These schools will host a family event, featuring Young Audiences’ artists that will celebrate imagination and creativity while promoting a better understanding of individual and community responsibility to protect our planet. Events will take place on May 21 at 4:30 pm at Elmwood Village Charter School, June 3rd at 2:30 pm at Waterfront Elementary, and June 10th at 5:30 pm at Springville Elementary.
2-3 hour family arts festival includes:
- A dynamic performance by a Young Audiences’ artist focusing on the importance of protecting the environment.
- Hands-on art making workshops led by Young Audiences’ professional teaching artists that promote environmental sustainability.
- A community art-making project to be played, displayed, or shared during the event.
- The guidance and support of Young Audiences staff to help plan your family arts festival.
- A “tool kit” to assist your school with publicity and implementation of the event including an adaptable press release, flyers, and signage.
- Excite and educate students about sustainability
- Strengthen connections between families and schools
- Build partnerships with community organizations and businesses
Hands-on art making workshops will feature Young Audiences’ professional teaching artists that promote environmental sustainability. Teaching artists will include: Aitina Fareed Cooke, Augustina Droze, Caessandra Sewall, Gerald Mead, Susie Rozler, The Wondermakers, and more.
Questions about the NRG Creatively Green Awards? Contact us at 716-881-0917 or at email@example.com