Join us every Monday from 10:00am to noon
throughout the summer for hands-on art workshops that encompass Western New York culture and history through dance, literary/spoken word, music, theatre, and visual arts. Working with the region’s most outstanding artists, Young Audiences presents relevant and engaging educational programming for the diverse children and families who live in and visit Western New York.
With hundreds of events scheduled throughout the year, there’s something for everyone at Canalside. With the latest additions of eateries and free activities, Canalside is the place to be whether you’re looking to unwind or have some fun in the sun or snow. See what else is happening at Canalside!
- Every Monday, June 6 – September 5 (except July 4), 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- June 6: “Mail Art” with collage artist Gerald Mead
- June 13: “Wild and Wooly Tales” with storyteller Lorna Czarnota
- June 20: “Making Music” with drummer Miriam Minkoff
- June 27: “The Elements of Hop-Hop” with breakdancers Differential Flava Crew
- July 11: “Kite Making” with kite-maven Meg Albers
- July 18: “Sew-ebration” with textile artist Ani Hoover
- July 25: TBD
- August 1: “One Page Collage Creations” with artist Christy Zucarelli
- August 15: “Story Cloths” with quilting artist Phyllis Thompson
- August 22: “Good Plants…Bad Plants” with musician Susie Rozler/Mama Earth
- August 29: TBD
- September 5: TBD
- We are also at Canalside before Tuesday Night Flix, 7:00 – 8:30 pm:
- July 5: Patriotic kite making with Meg Albers & “An American Tale”
- July 19: Under the sea collage creations with Christy Zucarelli & “Finding Nemo”
- August 2: Super hero mask making with Kris Crosson & “The Avengers”
- August 16: Paint to Pixel monster art with Kristin Brandt & “Monsters, Inc.”
- August 30: Extraterrestrial recycled mini sculptures with Marissa Lehner & “E.T.”
More programming to come!